Liver Disorders Community
alt (sgpt) high

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

alt (sgpt) high

I'm a 36 yr old had my complete physical and everything was good expect my ALT (SGPT) is 54 h  IU/L and the  limits we're 0-32. My Dr. told me that is not to high therefore she is not concerned and that sometimes blood test give a false reading.When i was a child i had hepatitis, but my mom does not remember which type.Should i get another test done?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
The most common cause of mildly elevated liver enzymes is fatty liver. The common cause of fatty liver is alcohol abuse, diabetes mellitus and obesity. Hepatitis A infection in childhood does not cause persistently elevated SGPT.Chronic hepatitis C infection can cause high SGPT.You may repeat the test after a month or so and check. If it remains high a hepatitis profile may be done. Any test result should be correlated clinically. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Thank You Dr.sharma...my dr. order a lab test to check all 3 hep and everything came back normal. Thank you for taking the time to answer my concern.
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
37 mins ago
Dee1956 NEW SURVEY, top of page, pl... Comment
1 hr ago
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
1 hr ago
Track your weight over time