Liver Disorders Community
cirhossis

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

cirhossis

hi my friend is suffering from liver cirhossis. she is already in the last stage. she has bloated stomach, cannot pass out urince. what to do
I will assume that you are already praying for her.  Otherwise as long as your friend is hospitalized and is under the care of a hepatologist, then she is in the best environment possible.  And unfortunately there is very little more that you can do.  I am so sorry, as you are very obviously concerned - and justifiably so.  Hopefully she can stablize.  Has liver transplantation been discussed?  It sounds as though a new liver may be her only hope for cure, but do please keep us advised..
I am very sorry to hear about your friend. This is a terrible situation.

First - Not passing urine is very dangerous. Your friend needs to go to a doctor or hospital today for help!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For their Cirrhosis:

Does your friend have money to pay for a private hospital?
The best hospitals are The two internationally accredited hospitals in Indonesia are Bintaro Premier Hospital and Jatinegara Premier Hospital in Jakarta.

Their liver is failing and they need help as if the disease get worse they could die. They should she a doctor in the 'Gastroenterology and Hepatology department'. These doctor are specialist in liver disease and can help.

You could also contact the ACLDT for information about finding medical help in Jakarta.

Asian Centre for Liver Diseases & Transplantation Pte Ltd

Gleneagles Hospital
6A Napier Road
Gleneagles Hospital Annexe Block
#02-37
Singapore 258500
Tel: (65) 6476 2088
Fax: (65) 6476 3088

Email - http://www.asianlivercentre.com.sg/appointment.aspx

I hope this helps.
Good luck to your friend.
Hector
Thankyou for the respond. she is in the hospital, her doctor said her liver is no more functioning. is there a cure for this liver cirhossis disease that could really save her life right now?
and her doctor handling her is a hepatology from Jatinegara Premiere hospital.  and her Blood pressure right now is 90/37. please i need your suggestions on what to do
Hi doctor ever said that liver tranplantation cannot be done as her age is too old for her. And with this condition right now, is it still possible?
how old is she?
She's 69 years
The different transplant centers have varying requirements and contraindications for transplant.  Some 'cap' at age 65, others 'cap' at age 70....it all depends on the center's policy.  And of course (especially in older patients) the potential recipient's general overall health is taken into consideration.  It is a major surgery - and the person needs to be healthy enough to survive it!