Liver Disorders Community
elevated (lft immigration)

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

elevated (lft immigration)

hi i m 29 and very healthy. ihad a lft done approx 4 months back and it was perfectly normal.a month back i went to another country and started partying heavilly. i had on a average 6 drinks whiskey everyday for 14 days.then i did my lft for immigration. my gamma gt was 122 alt and ast were 45 and 65.i got scared to death and stopped drinking. i performed the test a week later and there were not much changes.on the contrary my alt or ast shot up 10 points and gamma gt reduced 2 points. i have started taking milk thistle and quit meat and sure no alcohol. and lot of water(15galsses)
i m scared to death as this is a immigration issue. i am testing again next week. can anyone please tell me how long will it take to get my results normal or anything else i need to do?
i would really appreciate if u guys can help me out.thanks a lot in advance
If you abstain from alcohol and test in a month or 6 weeks I think you'd likely see normal liver enzymes. It can take a while for the numbers to normalize. Your AST & ALT really weren't/aren't significantly elevated. GGT can be elevated due to excessive alcohol intake. You may, and hopefully will, see a drop next week but don't be too overwrought if your liver enzymes haven't normalized by that time.
I am not a doctor or in the medical profession in any capacity. I am just a patient who has had liver disease.

Good luck,
Mike
thanks a lot for ur feedback. u r great. no one else bothered to reply me.anyways i got my results back in today.my ast is is normal.my ggt is back from 122 to 75 and my alt is back to 61 from 75 . i am drinking lots of water and milk thistle.do u think i will be back in normal range next week?anything else i can do to lower it faster?thanks once again for supporting me in a bad time.god bless u.god is great\
in case u forgot:our thread:lft immigration
I always like to see a downward trend and your number are showing that. Having said that, I think you are testing too frequently to see the kind of results you're looking for. Weekly labs is probably too soon. I would maintain your lifestyle and test in 3 weeks. I think then you will see the degree of improvement that you're looking for. Then you can relax.

I sense you get a little obsessive about this stuff and I know all too well what that's like. At times a little patience goes a long way.

Good lick,
Mike