Liver Disorders Community
explanation of ultrasound results

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

explanation of ultrasound results

what does that mean.." Hepatic Parenchyma Shows Heterogeneous. Ecjotexture due to 22x16mm echogenic mass is seen in Rt. Lobe"....and at the bottom of my ultrasound reports Impression says " SOL in Rt. lobe of liver? Hemangioma." does that mean its a tumor or so? do i have to be worried??
A liver hemangioma is a non-cancerous mass. Yours is not large at all - it is approximately .8 inch by .6 inch and is located in the right lobe of your liver. Hemangiomas are basically tangled up blood vessels and in the vast majority of case are left untreated and they cause no harm. Hemangiomas do not become cancerous.
Your doctor must be sure that the SOL (space occupying lesion) is in fact a hemangioma and not a malignant tumor. Frequently follow up tests such as a MRI or CT scan are sometimes ordered to confirm the diagnosis.
I wouldn't worry too much about this but i would make sure that your doctor is certain that the mass seen on ultrasound is indeed a hemangioma.

Good luck,
Mike
I'll surely go for a MRI or CT scan...Thanks for the help