Liver Disorders Community
fatty liver

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

fatty liver

Hi, i  had an  ultrasound scan and showed a fatty liver ,, i am feeling fatigue and weight loss , and loss of energy.  and  nagging pain in  upper right abdomin (abdomen)..  My liver enzymes are very normal in range..  its been 3 months i stopped drinking ,, and i  used to smoke 3 4 cigars per day,, and now i stopped that too. but this feeling of fatigue  stilll there . I dont have any other feeling ,  Can anyone tell me is this fatty liver or something worse of the liver..??
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Fatty liver can be due to alcoholism when it is called Alcoholic fatty liver disease. With abstinence, morphologic changes of the fatty liver are usually reversible. Your symptoms could be due to changes in the liver. It could also be due to other causes like diabetes and high triglyceride levels. These disorders can also cause fatty liver changes. So, check with your doctor to rule out these conditions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Dee1956, and spider6 commented on spider6's status
Dee1956 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Jun 24
Track your weight over time