Liver Disorders Community
gerd/ibs or cancer

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

gerd/ibs or cancer

Hi, im 34 years old male , 6'2" and 195 lbs. i have increased belching and gurgling stomach (especially when i first wake up) for about 5 months and lots of undigested vegetables in my stool (this symptom ive had for years). Ive lost about 15 lbs during this time. I was on aciphex for years because of gerd but was switched to dexilant for gastritis. Ive recently stopped taking the dexilant and am trying bentyl 4x a day but so far no changes. i am very regular with my bowel movements (once a day) so i dont see how it could be ibs. these are the tests i have done so far: chest xrays (normal), ekg, cbc, liver and pancreas enzyme blood tests (all normal), upper gi series (showed some thickening of rugal folds), upper endoscopy with biopsy (mild gastritis and gerd, negative on celiac and h pylori), gallbladder ultrasound (normal), ct scan of abdomen and pelvis with contrast (normal), colonoscopy (normal) and hida scan with cck (normal). I do have health anxietys and am currently in therapy and taking vybrid for anxiety. Im curious why i never seem to digest vegetable type matter, seeds and nuts. I guess my question could all of this just be a combination of gerd slight ibs and high levels of stress and anxiety. with all of these tests wouldnt they have seen if something serious was causing my symptoms? I worry about some type of cancer, but if cancer was causing symptoms wouldnt some test have seen it? Thank you
It sounds like you have had all of the relevant tests. It appears to be a gastro problem as your doctors have said. Why you don't digest your food?  It is because you are transiting your food faster than normal through your GI track so it is not getting digested fully.

"..could all of this just be a combination of gerd slight ibs and high levels of stress and anxiety."
Yes.

"if cancer was causing symptoms wouldnt some test have seen it?"
They should have with both endoscopy and colonoscopy and scans.

This community is for Liver Disease issues, which doesn't appear to be related to the issues you are having. I would consultant with the best gastroenterologist you can see. Get a diagnosis and follow treatment guidelines. I would try a large teaching hospital perhaps in NYC that has a highly rated gastroenterology department.

You might want to post your question in the Gastroenterology or IBS communities where they can help you.

Good luck!
Hector

Yes.

Good luck!
Hector
sorry about posting in wrong section and thank you for answering anyway
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on 10356's status
Dee1956 commented on 10356's status
Track your weight over time