high ggt and ast normal alt
I am new to this however my ggt and my ast are elevated and my dr took me off all meds 2 months ago but my ast continues to increase.  I had a comprehensive metabolic panel on friday and it had risen 13 points in two months so my pcp wanted to repeat the test and had me take a lft on wednesday or yesterday and since friday it has risen another 13 points and my ggt is also high.  I do not drink or smoke and i have never been a drinker,  Is this dangerous i am scared.
You AST doesn't always mean it’s something wrong with your liver but since your GGT is high also then it’s a pretty good indication that your liver is irritated. Since you don’t drink and your doctor took you off any meds causing the irritation, What is your diet like? Have you been tested for a fatty liver?

People with a bad diet and that are obese commonly develop a fatty liver in time. This cause the liver function to be effected. This can become a very serious issue as the liver can then develop fibrosis and later cirrhosis.

The first thing that must be done is stop whatever is causing the damage. In this case a healthy diet and exercise. Weight loss is critical to for the liver to recover and heal. The liver is very resilient and is the only organ in the human body with the ability to heal itself. Although eventually the damage can be too much and lead to liver failure.

This is all very hypothetical but it’s my best guess about your situation. I am not in any way qualified to give you a diagnosis but just a concerned individual.
I wish the best for you.

Randy