Liver Disorders Community
high liver enzyme

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

high liver enzyme

hello doctor, i just have a quick question. i have a history of fatty liver and i do my best to control it with working out and dieting. i was on vacation for a week where i was eating nothing but fatty and unhealthy foods for that whole week. right after i got back i had a cholesterol and lipid profile blood test. my alt and ast levels spiked up high and my trigelycide level also spiked up! way higher than my normal. could this be due to my diet during my vacation?
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Diet changes in your vacation may indeed cause changes in your blood chemistry results. A repeat lipid profile and liver enzymes after a period of low fat and low cholesterol diet may be indicated to make sure that the levels are controlled. Hope this helps. Take care and regards.
Avatar dr f tn
spider6, and Dee1956 commented on spider6's status
44 mins ago
Dee1956 commented on Dee1956's status
Dee1956 commented on Jade59's status
Track your weight over time