Aa
A
A
Close
high sgpt low triglycerides
need your advice my sgpt is 291as of present.last year my sgpt is 51 and have taken essentiale forte as my medication for 30 days last year.i had experienced abdominal pain last saturday and sunday.what will the person experience if he had high sgpt.?i have already quit drinking alcohol and smoking since i was diagnosed with elevated sgpt llast year.im age 30 and my job is a seafarer.please advice.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
How are you? What are the symptoms present and what other diagnostic tests were done? Elevated liver enzymes, including sgpt may indicate inflammation or damage to cells in the liver. In most cases, liver enzyme levels are only mildly and temporarily elevated and do not signal a chronic, serious liver problem. If there is a considerable increase, it is best that you discuss this with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Factors such as your symptoms, medical history and results of other tests are important considerations also. On the other hand, low triglyceride levels may be due to low fat diet, hyperthyroidism, malnutrition, or malbsorption syndrome, a condition in which the small intestine does not absorb fats well.  Take care and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
jimgreg on now 400 mg of lamctal,,a... Comment
1 hr ago
5986700 tn?1380794980
Blank
spider6 commented on Failed.