Liver Disorders Community
how common is lipoma on the liver?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

how common is lipoma on the liver?

I have been having a pain in the upper right abdomen under the ribs. the dr. sent me for a ct scan I also have a swollen lypmh node in the left groin area. the scan came back as a cyst on the left ovary and a spot on my liver. I am 36 I smoked for about 15 yrs. I quit 4 yrs ago and from the time I was 21 until 25 I was a very heavy drinker. I really haven't drank since then aside from a toast at holidays. the nurse said the spot looked to be a lipoma, however from what I researched lipoma is rare on the liver and is painless. I have an intense pressure pain in the ribs going to the back. she set me up for an mri but the office hasn't even set that up yet. so it's been a week of major worry! can a lipoma cause pain? am I freaking out for a ligit cause? is it really that rare on the liver? I am a busy mother of 3, I can't handle this kind of stress!
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
1 hr ago
opus88 commented on photo
opus88 commented on photo
Track your weight over time