Liver Disorders Community
im so confused! sorosis???

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

im so confused! sorosis???

Okay so my mom has this red rash on her armpit/underarm for about a week now and she said that it was numb and she felt pain.  Over time, the pain progressed and it started getting itchy.  For the past 3 days she has been scratching it non stop and says its too painful she cant even drive.  the rash isnt that big but noticeable.  its not white or scaly like some websites say but its red and she has back pain. She also had a small rash a couple years ago but it went away.  Today she said she might have sorosis or cirrosis (cirrhosis) something like that. Ive searched up some things online and it says usually people get it when they drink smoke and take drugs but my mom doesnt, but she is awefully stressed to the max.  what could this be and is there treatment or a cure? is it contagious?  please help me because i dont want my mom to be sick anymore  
First, did your mom tell you she thinks she may have cirrhosis?  I am curious as to why she would make that comment.  I would suggest that your mom see her primary care doctor to have the rash looked at and perhaps have some blood drawn, getting a CBC and  LFT (liver function test).  It could simply be a rash, or an allergic reaction, best to have it checked by a doctor to know for sure.