Liver Disorders Community
increase SGPT...

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

increase SGPT...

my girl friend's blood SGPT level was high.. its about 134... and billirubin was 0.96... creatinin is normal... she had nausia, vomiting. headache, loss of apatite also... diarrhea also present... can i know what is the reason for this condition??    
Tags: sgpt
Has she been screened for hepatitis?

There are other liver disorders that cause the elevations...can be related also to pancreas, gallbladder, has she had any other tests, scans? Iron overload? That is a specific test and iron overload causes liver damage...age?

Elevated ALT can have many causes, even to do with heart.

So many things it could be related to, hard to know with that info you gave. Needs to get to dr and get further testing and find out causes. Rule some things out.

But I do recommend that she also get iron testing done, with raised ALT, it can indicate some liver injury...ferritin shows iron accumulation in liver, transferrin saturation%, is body storage iron, and serum iron and TIBC...all give a good overall picture of liver health and organ health. The nausea and vomiting, headaches, and loss of appetite can all be early signs of iron overload.

Take care and keep us posted, hope she is feeling better soon and figures it out.
Three blood levels are not enough to even guess about what might be injuring her liver.

She should go see her primary doctor now. Her symptoms are probably nothing to do with her liver. Sounds more like an infection or food poisoning.

Hector
earlier she had a anemic problem also.. is it link with this symptoms??? what are the other tests that she hav to do????  
10356 commented on VICourageous's status
10356, and Dee1956 commented on 10356's status
10356 went to my appointment I wi... Comment
Jul 22
Track your weight over time