Liver Disorders Community
intermittent itching

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

intermittent itching

i was diagnosed with fatty liver 1.5 years ago from ultrasound and abnormal liver test results.
it is last two weeks i have itching. my liver enzymes 3 weeks ago was all normal.
i lost around 3 kg in 2-3 weeks and i am not sure whether the itching is related to liver, related to weight loss or related to stress, anxiety. it is very random: i do not have in the morning and it starts around evening when i come home from work. any comment?
I was having itching sensation in the evenings also in December.

One thing to think about, is it definitely itching?

or is it more of a pins and needlesesque pricking sensation? i was deifnitely itchy before, but now i get more pins and needlesy

I sometimes wonder if something is liver related but sometimes I think it could be the beta alanine in high protein containing food as it tends to be more after eating meat that i experience it.
Also think about the different actvities you do. for example are you active at work and then very sedentary in the evenings? try going for a long walk in the evening and stay on your feet.... try different foods... have an experiement
in fact, i am not sure if it is itching. it is sometimes like  painful itch-kind attacks. maybe, it is nerve related.  most of the time it is kind of random itch attacks over different parts of the body.

did you have any liver problem before?
im not sure whats happening with my liver.... its not working right thats for sure.... tests more or less normal, going to see a new doc today. medication damaged it. fingers crossd

please ask the itching problem and give an update about what your dr said.