left rib pain associated with liver disease?
My husband has liver disease.  He has had 2 episodes of bleeding varicies (2 years ago and 3 months ago).   He continues to stuggle with continued alcohol abuse.  This past week he felt the lower ribs on his left side "scrunch" together and cause pain.  He can slide the "ribs" a little bit.  Would this be related to the liver disease?  He has blood clotting problems from an enlarged spleen so I didn't know if this rib pain would be related to the disease or an old injury where he fell on his side.  Also,  how does the continued drinking of alcohol affect the likelihood of a rebleeding of the varicies if he is on medication.  Thank you.

He is on his death bed and he contines to drink???? I will never understand. don't tell me he has children to
Unfourtaunally,im somewhat in the same shoes your wearing. Husband has end stage liver disease, autoimmune hep. ( can;t take mds! ), diabetes, first stage kidney disease hep c and alcholic. This has been active for over ten years. I;ve noticed that when he retainn too much fluid, and his toxins go up, that right side hurts. too much fluid pushes on everything inside.causes more pain,even with an injury i would think it would cause more pain. Unless someones in your shoes , personally i dont think they should make any comments. Hope you get something out of this. L
I'm sorry. Sunshine got my response to you.i was so upset i sent to her. sorry
My husband got hep c from blood. He lived 13 years with out a single complaint, never missed a day of work and never touched a drop of alchol. He passed away April 2008 from ruptured varicies. He could never understand how people could drink as worsen the disease. My children have no regrets no doubts that he did everything he could to stay here. He was totally selfless and I am so glad he took care of himself instead of the self pitying disease of alchol. did i mention 2 drunks got a liver before him.
First of all, you have no right to be critical to someone who you do not know! bjmt is here for answers, advice, help and you say something so rude and hurtful. Second of all, you do NOT know any details, any situations, anything that they may be in! Everyone has their own struggle, their own belief, their own way of comfort and you decide to judge this person who is already going through enough. It just looks bad on you!
i am not judging her it is the *** she is married to. how can he do that to a wife and children. and the sad part is they have to live with it. those children will be so screwed up by living with that man. The Shame he has brought up them sickens me.
If only it were that simple. My mum was an alcoholic and died from related causes. Was she a no good drunk who didn't care about the effect on her family? Absolutely not. She had issues from past experiences that she struggled to deal with and self medicated with alcohol. I then trained and worked as a drug and alcohol worker and heard some harrowing stories and realised I had no right to judge as if I had gone through some of the tragic experiences some of these people had suffered with, I can't say I wouldn't have turned to something to help me forget either. We never know people's stories, so it is best to save judgement. I'm so sorry for your loss and feel your anger and pain but it's not right or fair to turn it on others who are struggling with their own battles, even one's that appear self inflicted.