Liver Disorders Community
lesions on the liver

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

lesions on the liver

What causes lesions on the liver. What are the treatment options?
Hi...I found out yesterday that I also have a lesion on my liver. It's really frustrating looking for info about this....good luck
hi my brother has a history of long term alcoholism and recently had an acute attack of pancreatits he was in hospital for 5 days had cat scan, ultrasound and mri scan.  His MRI scan confirmed that he has a 4 cm lesion in the 6th segment of his liver and other smaller lesions.  He is awaiting to have a liver biopsy.  He also has developed diabetes type 2 and has haemocromatosis.  His ALT was 176 and his bilirubin 5.7.  I would have to say in answer as to what causes lesions, it could be any number of different reasons but definitely hepatocellar damage of some degree would indicate lesions be they benign or malignant.  It is very frustrating if you cannot find any information, but you should be able to get a clearer picture from your physician.  Treatment options for lesions on the liver would really depend upon the nature of the lesions and any other health complications.  I hope this is a little helpful.
I just found your post and I am hoping by now a biopsy has been performed and you have gotten some answers. I don't know what causes lesions but most times liver lseions are benign...for non alcoholics or drug users. I am assuming from your post that you have never been diagnosed with any type of cancer. good luck. julie