Liver Disorders Community
liver diagnosis

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

liver diagnosis

i ws told a few months back that i have cirrohsis of the liver, stage 4 with grade 3 hepatitis.  my doctor has called in hospice, does this mean i'. also in final stage of life as well ?
I think only a medical professional can answer your question. Someone that has access to your medical files. We are all volunteers that offer advice to others that we've learned  through our own personal experiences and research.

Your question would be best answered by your doctor. I too have end stage cirrhosis and I can tell you that its possible to live for many years if you are at the begining of stage 4. Although as the patient progresses through stage 4 their liver function begins to further  deteriorate. So this makes your question impossible to answer for anyone here and why you must talk with your doctor. I wish you the very best and God bless you.

Randy
I too have stage 4 cirrhosis, and am currently on the waiting list for a liver. What type of doctor do you see. Randy is right ask your doctor why hospice is being called in. You can live many year with stage 4 cirrhosis. I have been stage 4 since june of 2000. I am still here and still functioning. I do have some extreme problems, but I am here. Keep a good attitude and research you condition. Learn everything you can. If you want to talk to someone my email is ***@****. Keep your head high and your hopes higher
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on 10356's status
Dee1956 commented on 10356's status
Track your weight over time