Liver Disorders Community
liver number??

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

liver number??

now im dont know too much about these things but i belive my father is a alcoholic and rarly see him sober and on top of that he has diabeties. Now i belevie i herd him say that his liver number or his liver level or something like that is supposed to be at 40 but he said ts well over 400, now what does this mean??
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe you should talk to your dad about his health and the risks he is taking by drinking that much. You deserve to have peace of mind when it comes to your dad's health. When the doctor gives liver tests there are different numbers not just one; because the doctor will check for different things related to the liver to make sure the liver is working properly. Maybe you can tell your dad your concern and see if he will allow you to see his lab results and come back on here and share them with us only if that is ok with your dad considering it is his lab work. IT would give us a better idea of what is going on and I'm sure someone would be able to give you some advice. Another idea is there are actually doctors  on here that will answer your question for a certain money fee but it is worth it if you get the answers you are looking for. You will probably have to provide the lab info though, I'm almost sure they won't be able to tell by only one number. Your dad should know that having Diabetes and drinking that much alcohol is definitly not good for him. My boyfriend has Diabetes as well and I have made him cut down alot on the alcohol because I want to make sure he lives a long life. I'm sorry if I was not that helpful I am just trying to give you advice to get the answer you are looking for. I will pray for you and your dad. Take care and God bless you.