Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
mycotoxin poisoning?
Hello,

between September and January I have eaten popcorn, that turned out to be infected by mycotoxins – Fumonisin B1 and B2.

Since February I have hypersensitive skin – mechanical stimuli (touching, rubbing) make skin all over my body red and itchy. I also have foreign body sensation in throat (often at night or after eating).

Tests for: inhalant allergens, Celiac, HBV and HCV are negative.


Here is part of my latest blood tests results:

AST- 23 U/L ( < 32 ) (in April was 64 U/L)
ALT- 26 U/L ( < 33 ) (in April was 107 U/L)
GGTP- 37 U/L ( 6 – 37 ) (in April was 42 U/L)

WBC- 3.5 10 x 9/L ( 4 – 10.2 ) - TOO LOW
NEU%- 53.4% ( 37 – 70 )
LYM%- 34% ( 20 – 50 )
MONO%-  9.4% ( 0 – 12 )
EOS%- 2% ( 0 –7 )
BASO%- 0.9% ( 0 – 2,5 )
NEU (absolute)- 1.87 10 x 9/L ( 2 – 6.9 ) - TOO LOW
LYM (absolute)- 1.19 10 x 9/L ( 0.6  – 3.4 )
MONO (absolute)- 0.33 10 x 9/L ( 0 – 0.9 )
EOS (absolute)- 0.07 10 x 9/L (  0 – 0.7 )
BASO (absolute)- 0.03 10 x 9/L ( 0 – 0.2 )

Platelets- 159 10 x 9/L ( 140 – 420 )
MPV- 12.1 fl ( 9.4 – 12.5 )
PCT- 0.19% ( 0.16 – 0.36 )
PDW- 15.1 fl ( 9.8 – 16.1 )
P– LCR- 41.9% ( 15 – 35 ) ­- TOO HIGH

IgE- 142.6 lU/ml ( < 100 ) ­- TOO HIGH
IgA- 193 mg/dL ( 70 – 400 )
IgG- 1227 mg/dL ( 700 – 1600 )
IgM- 160 mg/dL ( 40 – 230 )

BIL–T- 1.05 mg/dL ( < 1.2 )
BIL–D- 0.37 mg/dL ( < 0.3 ) ­- TOO HIGH

Any advice will be helpfull. Thank you!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
Hi,
I understand your concern regarding mycotoxin poisoning. What other symptoms are present? Mycotoxins,  toxins produced by molds or fungi, vary greatly in their severity. Some fungi produce severe toxins only at specific levels of moisture, temperature or oxygen in the air while some  toxins are lethal and cause identifiable diseases or health problems including weakening the immune system  or acting as as allergens or irritants. While some have no known effect on humans. IgE plays an essential role in type I hypersensitivity  which manifests various allergic diseases. For proper management, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor also. DIscuss the results and have this correlated with the symptoms. You may also benefit from referral to a dermatologist or  ent to check the symptoms that you mentioned. Hope this helps. Take care and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Avatar universal
Hi,

thanks for your care! I've done some research, but still don't know if it's a mycotoxicosis because doctors can't diagnose me (dermatologist also).
The main symptom is hypersensitive skin - it's really burdensome.

I've already written more here: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/mycotoxin-poisoning/show/1984417#post_9412699
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
5986700 tn?1380794980
Blank
spider6 commented on Failed.
Dec 02
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank
Dee1956 Meegy 172 days!! Coincidenc... Comment
Dec 01
5986700 tn?1380794980
Blank
10356, and spider6 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Dec 01
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Digestive Answerers
Liver Disorders Community Resources