possible liver damage
Hey I was recently sufferin from a bad cough and I was prescribed piriton cs. By mistake I took a single dose of 25 mg chlorpheniramine maleate and also 500 mg paracetamol along with it. I've been having a slight pain in my upper right abdomen ever since. Is this a sign of possible liver damage? Is it possible to damage liver at the above dose? Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate your input.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

No drug interactions occur between paracetamol and chlorpheniramine maleate. Also, it's unlikely that a single dose of 500 mgs of paracetamol can affect the liver.Hepatotoxicity from paracetamol depends on the dosage. Acetaminophen when taken in therapeutic doses of up to 4000 mg/d demonstrated no adverse hepatic effects. In adults and adolescents, hepatotoxicity may occur following ingestion of greater than 7.5 to 10 g (ie, 24 regular-strength or 15 extra-strength caplets or tablets) over a period of 8 hours or less.

So, the pain may not be related to your medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you doctor but I was more worried about the chlorpheniramine maleate . Anyways the pain seems to be better now.