Aa
A
A
Close
possible liver damage
Hey I was recently sufferin from a bad cough and I was prescribed piriton cs. By mistake I took a single dose of 25 mg chlorpheniramine maleate and also 500 mg paracetamol along with it. I've been having a slight pain in my upper right abdomen ever since. Is this a sign of possible liver damage? Is it possible to damage liver at the above dose? Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate your input.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

No drug interactions occur between paracetamol and chlorpheniramine maleate. Also, it's unlikely that a single dose of 500 mgs of paracetamol can affect the liver.Hepatotoxicity from paracetamol depends on the dosage. Acetaminophen when taken in therapeutic doses of up to 4000 mg/d demonstrated no adverse hepatic effects. In adults and adolescents, hepatotoxicity may occur following ingestion of greater than 7.5 to 10 g (ie, 24 regular-strength or 15 extra-strength caplets or tablets) over a period of 8 hours or less.

So, the pain may not be related to your medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you doctor but I was more worried about the chlorpheniramine maleate . Anyways the pain seems to be better now.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
317787 tn?1468754865
Blank
Dee1956 NEW SURVEY, top of page, pl... Comment
6 hrs ago
317787 tn?1468754865
Blank
10356, and Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status