Liver Disorders Community
problems

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

problems

hi Dr,since m suffering from jaundance from the childhood and is stiill with me till now, so what remedy or action can i take or what shall i do.please DR.help me,my eyes and skin are all yellowish.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Jaundice is a symptom like fever and is not a disease. The causes of jaundice are Hemolysis-increased destruction of red blood cells. Hepato cellular jaundice- Acute parenchymal liver disease and chronic parenchymal liver disease. Cholestasis – due to –biliary cirrhosis, viral hepatitis and autoimmune hepatitis. Congenital non-hemolytichyperbilirubineamia-Gilbert’s Syndrome and Rotor’s syndrome.

The cause for jaundice needs to determined. This is done with the help of blood tests, ultra sonogram and if need be, biopsy of liver will help to clinch the diagnosis. If you can get back to me with the diagnosis, I will be able to elaborate further.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks alot,i had done ultrasound, endoscopy and blood test it found all is well but low hemoglobin,so if u can help me on this.And is jaundice a hapitis A, B ,C..?And m Pragnant of 4months and can it affect my baby inside or i cant be a motther or can i have baby? Plz can u help me soon la
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. The yellow discoloration of the skin in jaundice is due to bile pigments. So, there should be an elevation of Serum bilirubin levels, which is a blood test, for a diagnosis of jaundice. The normal levels are below 1 mg/dL. So, if your blood tests are normal, you are unlikely to have jaundice.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
spider6 ....man, it is dead around ... Comment
10356 commented on msdelight's status
Track your weight over time