Liver Disorders Community
spgt nd sgot

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

spgt nd sgot

i had a liver function  blood test. My sgpt is 72 nd my sgot is 33 and all other things are in normal range.
I stopped taking medcines for hives 2day before the blood test(cetzine for 20 days) and was having hives related ittiching on the day of blood test.i am overweight by 10 kg. The test ws taken 2hrs latter from having a heavy lunch.
What are the reasons for my high spgt. ..is it due to hepatitis?..i am a virgin nd had only done french kissing with braces on 6 years back. .
anyone there
plz respond
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and sorry for the delay in replying.

Normal values for SGOT is 0-35 and SGPT is 4-36. The SGPT levels are elevated in liver disorders. Besides this they are also elevated in conditions like muscle injury and sometimes due to medications. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing.

In the meantime you could follow certain precautions. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid
drugs like paracetamol and sedatives. Get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B.
Take a good protein diet.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Dee1956 Meegy has 76 days, so proud... Comment
16 mins ago
Dee1956 commented on meegWpaw's status
Dee1956 commented on sue4hula's status
Track your weight over time