Liver Disorders Community
stomach pain after liver resection

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

stomach pain after liver resection

My father had a liver resection in Jan this year. They removed 75% of his liver. Two weeks after the surgery his incison opened and bile started leaking out. He has had one stent placed in the bile duct to help with the drainage. Recently he has been complaining of sever pain in his stomach after he eats. Along with constipation. Hes on narcotic pain meds routinely. The doctors can not tell us where the pain is coming from. They want to put in another stent in the bile duct but the scope procedure the first time was very uncomfortable and suffered from a broken rib during the procedure it took 3 people to hold him down. We are going to make an appt with another GI doc. The liver cancer appears to have come from agent orange from his tour in vietnam. We need a link to get help from the government. We need help with the pain. He can not eat and has lost over 50lbs. Could someone please help me help my dad.

God Bless
antringring
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Jun 26
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Jun 26
stilltrying1965 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Jun 26
Track your weight over time