swollen liver
My Liver and spleen suddenly swell up if I twist and tense my stomach muscles.

It happened 2 weeks ago after sitting up in my tent.  It was very painful, exruciating at times but only lasted 10 minutes or so.  Tensing my stomach muscles brought temporary relief for a few seconds but only seemed to make it worse. Then it stopped of it's own accord. I could feel it deflate just like a balloon.

I first noticed in January 2010 when I had a heart attack .  But there was nothing for about 6 months until June of that year and then nothing much until the early part of this year.  It seems to be getting worse.

I am guessing that I have an enlarged liver  and that a push or shove starts it off and sometimes the spleen starts as well and it has once spread to the heart.

My Doctor seems to take no notice, except to give me extensive blood tests which indicate that my liver is fuctioning well.  

Any advice please?
Your liver enzymes would be elevated if your liver were enlarged. It is likely that as long as there are no liver problems then your spleen is also functioning fine. Also be aware that you intestines go through the same area. If you strongly feel something is wrong then talk with your doctor and explain your concerns. If he is not willing to do any further testiing then I would reccomend seeing a different doctor. It's your health and it very important.

If you go to see a different doctor dont go in telling him what you think is wrong. Tell him what is going on and how concerned you are. Let him use his imagination as to what could be wrong and then test for it. If you have a copy of the lab results take them with you. It's never best to just live with it. I wish you the best.
Randy