Aa
A
A
Close
when i cough i feel pain in my upper right abdomen under ribcage
Could this be my liver?  i had this pain a few years ago...and went a way but recently it's been creeping up on me and it hurts worst.  I been drinking since 13. the pain comes when i cough (at its worst), i feel the pain now but its bearable...i feels worse when i get deep to cough up sputum.......i feel it when i lay flat on my back and at times i can't get up......it feels hard somewhere around my ribcage,,under or around it but it hurts.....why i haven't gone to the see a doc? well look...i'm asian and don't have insurance......i won't be able to pay for my medical bills....still live with parents...what could this be?   i did have a cold/flu last week but my mom gave that azn remedy where they apply pressure to your back with a coin to give you those red spear looking marks....and i felt better but the pain is back....worst
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
758338 tn?1235788602
Alcohol abuse never does anyone's live any favors: some people fare better than other with long term and repeated abuses.

Is the pain your liver?  Maybe...maybe not. "Liver pain" is felt as more of a full, bloated dull ache - and the area where its felt is upper right abdomen through your first rib or so. - but spleen and gall bladder can cause pain in those areas.

DO you have a clinic where you live that could at least do a hepatitis screen?  Also a LFT panel could tell if you have elevated liver enzymes - which are indicative of a liver problem

Best of luck

J
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank
Dee1956 commented on atthebeach's status
4 hrs ago
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank