Liver Transplant Expert Forum
= liver biopsy =
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

= liver biopsy =

Hi dr..Liver- Incomplete cirrihosis (see comment)
A-necroinflammatory grade 1(one out 4): patchy minimmal-mild portal and septal lymphohistiocytig inflammatory
   infiltrates without appreciab hepatocelluar necrosis.

B-fibrosis stage 3-4(out of 4)
   septal fibrosis with architectural distortion and some circumscribed hepatocellular nodules (routine,reticulum,and
   trichrome stains)
C-some hepatocytes with "ground glass" cytoplasm conforming to the supplied clinical history of hepatitis B.
D-no appreciablee steatosis or cholestatic changes. E-no pas-d cytoplasmic inclusions identified.
F-iron stain sections negative for increased parenchymal iron stores.         god bles.
517301_tn?1229801385
the biopsy shows a lot of damage.  if you have HBV, the damage could be reversible with treatment
3 Comments
Blank
Thank you very much Dr. your answer was very helpful.and its werthit to say i have ben on BARACLUDE(entecavir) 0.5 tablet,since 2009 when my MD, axdentley discoverd my HBV back then i had olso liver biopsy.and the liver damaged result was not as much of difrent then the liver biopsy  taken recently.and i must tell you Dr, the liver enzymes levels has ben all the times under control.I Feel very well no side efc,and my Dr,wants me to stay on BARACLOUDE for life.after all,Dr.do I need a difrent aprotch for my teratment,or i am on the right track with BARACLUDE. However i do have an  appointmet with my MD,next week and i will be appreciate very much your input.
                                          sincrly yours
                                        and god bless.

Blank
517301_tn?1229801385
i would stay on baraclude for the immediate future
Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker