Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Bric

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Bric
My 20 year old son has    
been diagnosed with bric. I have lots of questions, but this has been going on for a month and his bilirubin was 42 last week. What will bring this down? How long can it stay this high without permanent damage? He is taking prednisone and something for itching.
he should definitely be seing a specialist.  Actigall may also help--is that the itching pill he is using?
He was on hydroxyzine and prednisone. Now the doctor has put him on rifampin, USO and ambition. He took him off the first 2
It's urso not uso
this is excellent medical therapy for itching.  they need to make sure there is no blockage such as a gallstone.  the liver tsts must be followed closely because rifampin can itself cause liver problems.
Thanks, I will make sure all this is done. This has been a great resource.