Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Cirrhosis of the liver life expectancy?

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Cirrhosis of the liver life expectancy?
I'm 15 and I have cirrhosis of the liver due to surgery when I was born. My cirrhosis is class C and my mom told me the doctor anti preformed my surgery said I had a very low life expectancy (around 6 years) this was 15 years ago. Recently I've been feeling very nauseous, my face is red and I've become more pale in my skin, iv'e been throwing up blood, I have bad diarrhea, I'm dehydrated, and my skin is yellow-ish. I would like to know my life expectancy for class c cirrhosis of the liver and if these symptoms are bad or just normal
yes absolutely.  where do you live?
Should I qualify for a liver transplant, as I've been told it's very helpful for people with cirrhosis. Thank you
absolutely I think you need to be seen by a liver specialist ASAP.  You probably have biliary atresia and had a kasai procedure when you were young.
D.r. Can you suggest a diet for a end stage cirrhosis patient working towards being a recipient of a living liver transplant.
avoid sodium but otherwise liberalize your diet as much as possible to prevent protein malnutrition and muscle wasting