Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Dr Schiano - Cyst Right Lobe of Liver

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Dr Schiano - Cyst Right Lobe of Liver

US states that there is a cyst in the inferior right lobe of liver with a couple small areas of internal septation. No solid mass of ductal dilation.   IMPRESSION:  Cyst right lobe of liver.

No mention of the size.

I do have mildly hetergeneous echogencity of the liver.  

Should I be concerned about this cyst?  What could this be?.  What needs to he done?  My gastro received the report end of last year and never mentioned it.  

90 % of cysts are simple ones and are inconsequential, the majority being found incidentally on scans.  i think an MRI is reasonable for peace of mind and if it confirms the nature of the cyst i think the work-up can stop there.