Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Dr. Schiano

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Dr. Schiano
I'm responding here instead of under my previous thread, because it appears that if I continue on the same thread. You're not seeing it. I've no questions at this time, just wanted to send you a Thank You note:

Thank you so much for the reassurance. Once again, you're such a great person & Doctor, that you not only respond so quickly, but because you also take the time to help others in understanding their medical condition in your free time. I'm very grateful for being able to have found you & communicate with you regarding my health issue. You've a great Thanksgiving!
thanks--enjoy the holiday
I just got a meld score of 21 and I   do have a healthy living donor.  Would you suggest me getting the transplant now and if I did can you tell me approx. how much of a life spand I have?
i think that it may be very reasonable to proceed with LRD before you develop a complication that would preclude LRD (if the MELD were to rise too high)