Liver Transplant Expert Forum
How do I tell if I have jaundiced eyes

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

How do I tell if I have jaundiced eyes
Hi I have elevated alt and bilirubin.  My eyes always appear to be bloodshot slightly.  But when I look at google jaundiced eyes, they appear more red in the pictures than yellow.  Please describe to me in detail what jaundiced eyes look like.  Thank you.
the whites of the eyes will be yellowish-tinged.  jaundice usually appears when the bilirubin level is above 3.0.  why are your liver enzymes abnormal?
The doctor says it is fatty liver as it has been shown that I have an infiltration of liver fat through an ultrasound.  In June of 2009 my bilirubin was tested and came back 1.3

Supplements I am taking are:  sam e, inositol and choline, taurine, selenium, milk thistle, and fish oil.  Could this have a negative effect to cause jaundice?  They all seemed to be liver supports through my research
all of these supplements are safe to take, although I am not too keen about taurine.  people may appear jaundiced from hypercarotenemia also.
Why are you not too keen on taurine?
i believe there is some data showing that naturally it can some hepatotoxicity