Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Immuno supprasion.
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Immuno supprasion.

My 7 yrs. old son had undergone successful liver translantation on 27/10/2009 in India. Doctor has prescribed him two types of immuno supprassing drug - (1 ) Cellcept and ( 2 ) Cyclosporine. Considering his blood report dose of cyclosporine has come down to 0.4ml B.D.At the time of discharge from hospital Cyclosporine dose was 1.2ml B.D. LFT report shows all factors normal other than alkalinephosphate. Last co.level in blood was 124. My query is that  dose of  cyclosporine is changing with blood work but since the beginning  Cellcept dose is fixed at 1ml B.D. Would you kindly explain me the reason? In blood work we check Cyclosporine level but level of Cellcept is not measured.Is it necessary to continue both immuno supprassions?
Regards,
Mihir