Liver Transplant Expert Forum
LAB TEST RESULTS

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

LAB TEST RESULTS
Dr. Schiano,

Hi there! I've been communicating with you regarding my issue with high liver enzymes in which are normal now. I received my lab results back for additional test. I've one that is below the range, that I'll share below and am curious as to what this test determines. I did research, but not understanding the terminology. Before, sharing the results, I'd like to thank you once again for assisting me in my health questions.

Anion Gap 5 range 7-16
i wouldnt worry at all about this--its related to percentages of sodium and potassium in the bloodstream.  I am glad that your liver tests are OK.