Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Post Liver Transplant

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Post Liver Transplant

I have two questions

1- Fifteen month after my liver transplant, I still have high Gamma T and Alkaline Phosphatase.  Gamma T used to be in the thousands initially, but is now 180 which is still three times the upper range (58).  Alaklaine is 173 and the upper range is 138.  My AST is 57 (maximum is 35).  Any reason for this?  All my other liver and kidney readings are within the range.  I had Hep C that caused liver cirrhosis and finally tumors appeared and led me to have the transplant.

2- Is taking Cialis ok for liver transplant recipients?
there is no contraindication from the transplant perspective to taking cialis, assuming you do not have any heart issues.  Mild elevations in liver tests such as this are common after the transplant and do not necessarily warrant an invasive work-up but they should be followed closely