Liver Transplant Expert Forum
SEVERE bruising all over legs and now traveling to arms
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

SEVERE bruising all over legs and now traveling to arms

I am 34. I have had severe bruising for as long as I can remember. I have swollen bruises, balck, red, purple, blue bruises. Some are excessivley large (inches). Half the time I do not even know I received a bruise until someone points it out and other times I can tell "that's gonna be a bruise" and it was the slightest touch. It hurts to barely touch my skin where they are located and where I don't have bruise but bad vericose veins. They are all over my legs and butt. In the last year it has started to appear on my arms and in the last 3yrs my legs have gotten worse. I currently have over 40 bruises on my legs right now. People ask me all the time if I am abused. I just saw a hemotologist and he was not very forth coming with info. He ordered 8 blood tests;CBC, platelett aggregation, mentioned something about my liver, said my spleen did not appear swollen or soar to his touch. He mentioned anemia but I was anemic with my first pregnancy 8yrs ago and just had another baby a year ago and wasn't. I have always had a very heavy period for 1-2 days (super tampon change with a maxi pad change every 20min with dizziness and weakness). I have NEVER drank, smoked or done drugs in my whole life. I was already tested for 4 most common clotting tests including Von Wiilebrand and those were negative as well as timed bleeding test. Please tell me what might be going on. All the internet info is very hard to understand. If I have had this my whole life what does that lean towards. If it is hereditary from my mom and her mom but no one has ever sought treatment before then am I fine? (my grandma is 85!) What would he be testing for...cancer, what possible diseases? Thank you so much. Teiko