Liver Transplant Expert Forum
Where to go for living donor transplant? candidate issue
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Where to go for living donor transplant? candidate issue

My mom recently been suffering with liver problems and and went into cardiac arrest and now she's in rehab but haven't woken up yet. She has been waking up looking around lately and show signs of improvement, but prior to this she had fluid built up which caused her admission into the hospital. The doctor told us she had beginning cirrhosis, but come back for a check up in 3 years. At the hospital they said she is not a candidate for a transplant,my family and I are all ready to be a living donors, so we are considering a living donor transplant for her but we are looking for hospitals and clinics. We are just doing a search, but if anyone has info or suggestions please help us my mother is a registered nurse as well for well over 40 years and she would usually be our database, but now she needs help and we looking for some answers. We would consider going anywhere for treatment. Thank you