Liver Transplant Expert Forum
compliations of liver transplant labs
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

compliations of liver transplant labs

after 3rd transplant on 10month old and numerous other surgeries for complications in a little over 2 weeks, last on was 4-31-12 all labs normal till today ammonia up to 417 2nd test was 377 what can cause ammonia to go up but everything else to be good? Also, the last surgery was for what they thought was clots squishing her stomach but turned out to be infection masses and there is a clot in the vana cava with only 10% flow around which treating with Heprin and other drugs since is dangerous to disturb the area and there is still some fluid behind the liver that is also some infection which they say is yeast infection.
517301_tn?1229801385
hopefully the worst is over now; these are all potential complications of liver transplantation
7 Comments
Blank
Avatar_f_tn
She had another surgery. Fixed bowel again. Dialysis pretty much daily cuz ammonia keeps going up with no answers to why. Now heart rate high and bp is low, Any idea what could be going on?
Blank
517301_tn?1229801385
i am concerned could be occult sepsis--is she on antibotics?
Blank
Avatar_f_tn
they have no idea what it can be surgical all is fine but  they have flushed ber abdomen and left her open gauze covering organs and she is wrapped dialysis now continue for cple days nothing is getting better said bowels look less infected but ammonia keep going up said tests for nec and not sure on ucd are negative
Blank
517301_tn?1229801385
they need to continue doing what they're doing and probably minimize the immunosuppression
Blank
Avatar_f_tn
JeremyandMeranda Larson
Riley is still very critically ill. The doctors just told me her liver enzymes jumped up when before they were looking close to normal. They are doing a liver ultrasound right now to check flow and everything also. They said her ammonia is somewhat being controlled by the dialysis but is still high. Her nutrition is a big issue, hair is falling out, her white cell count jumped to 30,000 so either infection or her body is going after the yeast. A lot of stuff going on around her all the time anymore.

Riley's ultrasound showed that her hepatic artery (artery that goes into the liver and supports bile ducts and stuff too, accounts for 20% of livers blood supply, portal vein accounts for the other 80%, the portal is good so far.) has little to no blood flow. Yesterday it was minimal flow and sluggish today, nothing. Her LFT (Liver Functions Tests) have all jumped high again which could be because of hepatic artery issues. Also her urine is really dark brown/black/redish in color which could be cause from this too. Her bili reuben levels will probably be higher because of the bile ducts not getting enough blood support from this artery issue which could cause her to turn yellow again, her urine is already dark, and could ruin the liver..praying for you babygirl, mommy and daddy love you more than anything there is.
Blank
517301_tn?1229801385
if the hepatic artery is thrombosed then retransplantation may need to become a reality once she is cleared of infection
Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank