Liver Transplant Expert Forum
cyst of liver

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

cyst of liver
I was having some pain on my right side and around to my lower back so I called my obgyn and she had me do a urine test.  She called me to let me know that there was no infection but there was blood in my urine.  She decided to do a CT scan, she called me today and said everything looked ok on the abdomian CT except they see a cyst on my liver and want to do a MRI with contrast.  Is that a normal think to do or should I be worried about something worst?  Thanks, becka
this is nothing to worry about liver cysts occur in about 1% of the general population.  MRI is good idea to make sure there is nothing else present but a simple cyst as there are extremely rare  cystic neoplasms