Liver Transplant Expert Forum
fatty liver grade-I
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

fatty liver grade-I

Hi.. I am 32 yrs old and prof. by profession.
I am suffering from NASH from last 2 yrs. My USG report shows garde-I fatty liver and LFT increase in SGPT (76) and SGOT(67) levels.Surprisingly CT avdomen reads normal. I am not a drinker also and from last two yrs i take very low fatty diet and low calorieas well but i don,t fell any improvement. My blodd sugar is noram and heptiis tests are also negative. I feel lots of pain on right abdomen, fatigue and indigestion and laziness. Now i am highly depressed of this condition  and with time my hopes of recovery are fading. Can u please tell  me some solution overcome this problem
Related Discussions
517301_tn?1229801385
did you have a liver biopsy diagnosing NASH?  If not you might just have fat in the liver which will not cause long-term damage. Are you overweight?
3 Comments
Blank
No i did not had any biopsy, just based on elevated SGPT and SGOT levels and based on USG reports which shows diffuse fat infilatration in liver (grade-I). Besides, I had done all the hepatitis tests and blood sugar test also which  reads normal. For your information, I want to mention that i ,m not overweight also. My weight is just around 65kg with 5.7" height.
Kindly help me to overcome this pathetic situation.
Blank
517301_tn?1229801385
if the liver tests remain elevated i believe that a liver biopsy is warranted as this will assess how much damage the liver has incurred.Start taking vitamin E 400 IU twice daily.  Even if you are not overweight if the quality of your diet is not good, it can cause fatty liver. Try to exercise also.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
517301_tn?1229801385
Thomas D Schiano, MDBlank
The Mount Sinai Medical Center
New York, NY
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker