Liver Transplant Expert Forum
hbc igg

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

hbc igg

dear doctors, I would like to know what does this hbc igg means. because my hbc igg is positive but my hbsag is negative. i am confused if this means that i got infected or was just exposed but i am not a carrier. i need enlightenment about this matter.
thank you
you may have been exposed and cleared the virus in the past.  typically though the surface Ab would also be (+).  There is a small percentage of core Ab that are false (+).
dr. Thomas, here are the values of my test

HBs Ag-             negative 0.34
HBs Antibodies- Immuned 715.79
HBc IgG-             positive 7.62

but it doesn't mean that i am contagious right?
will there be a possibility that my hbc igg will be negative? coz i was able to donate blood twice but the third time they already refused to accept my blood because of my hbc igg was positive.but from the very start it already showed that my hbc igg is positive. does it mean that i will not be able to donate blood forever since i am positive for hbc igg? and lastly will there be a possibility that i am carrier of the virus?

you are not considered to be a carrier and you are definitely not contagious.  You have been exposed to HBv and now have protective Ab as evidened by the (+) surface Ab.