Liver Transplant Expert Forum
liver transplant
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

liver transplant

Aloha Dr. I would like to ask about a liver transplant. I went through a heppC  treatment in 2002 interferon peggaisis. The treatment was successful in getting the virus count down to undetectable levels. However I was told that I had a Sevier cerrosis and only about a quarter of a liver left to function. I was told that that is all I needed. However I am an extremely energetic person. I find now that my energy is waning greatly. I find my moods to be more morose. I am generally a happy person with high energy. I also notice pangs of blunt pain around the liver area in the back and side. Can you tell me if I should be looking into a transplant. Mahalo Rose
517301 tn?1229801385
i am hopeful that now that you have been cured of the HCV, this will allow your liver to regress and will obviate the need for a transplant.  You still must be screened for liver cancer though.
Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank