Liver Transplant Expert Forum
liver transplant

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

liver transplant

Aloha Dr. I would like to ask about a liver transplant. I went through a heppC  treatment in 2002 interferon peggaisis. The treatment was successful in getting the virus count down to undetectable levels. However I was told that I had a Sevier cerrosis and only about a quarter of a liver left to function. I was told that that is all I needed. However I am an extremely energetic person. I find now that my energy is waning greatly. I find my moods to be more morose. I am generally a happy person with high energy. I also notice pangs of blunt pain around the liver area in the back and side. Can you tell me if I should be looking into a transplant. Mahalo Rose
i am hopeful that now that you have been cured of the HCV, this will allow your liver to regress and will obviate the need for a transplant.  You still must be screened for liver cancer though.