Liver Transplant Expert Forum
mono affecting liver
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

mono affecting liver

i am 17 years old and  tested positive for mono 3 weeks ago. WHen they did blood tests they also confirmed that my liver enzymes were high (AST=72 and ALT=114) there were two doctors and one said not to worry about it it was a side affect of the mono but the main doctor said that he was concerned about it which had me worried. i have to have another blood test in a week to see if the levels go back to normal. are my levels higher then most that get mono and have elevated enzymes? and when i asked a nurse what would happen if they enzymes did not go back to normal she just said your young dont worry about it but i really want to know what would happen if the levels did not go back?