Liver Transplant Expert Forum
my sgpt is affected by tb medicine.

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

my sgpt is affected by tb medicine.
dear doctor!
i am 22 years old, i am a tuberclousis patient. when i started a regular course of myron p forte. it affected my liver so i stopped the medicine on docters advice. after my sgpt got normal my doctor started new course with less dose. now a days i am taking ethambutal and rifampicin form last 9 weeks.
my main problem is that my docter is waiting for lft to be normal so that he increase dose. i test my sgpt weekly
my spgt was slowly coming to normal but suddenly it increased last week from 43 to 54.(once it reached 126)
dont know why? i wait to much for my sgpt to be normal but it again increases AND I AM IN EXTREME TENSION.
my docter only advise me to wait let the sgpt to be normal so that he add more medicine and he dont tell me any remedy to deal with increased sgpt. COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS TO CONTROL SPGT?plz!
all of the TB medications can cause abnormal liver tests.  unfortunately this is the best course of action.  as long as you follow the liver test results to help guide therapy.  as long as the bilirubin level is OK you should be fine.  the bilirubin level increasing is the more concerning thing.
thankyou very much thomas, i am feeling good to have your response. please tell me that what food and exercise is best for my that can have a good effect on my increased value of sgpt.thanks
eat a well balanced diet--nothing specific to avoid or to take