Liver Transplant Expert Forum
vaccine

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

vaccine

Dear Dr.

I am a post LDLT 1 year ago.  My question is can I take the vaccine against swine flu virus.  And I am getting ready to take the anti viral for my hcv does the vaccine affect or work for me.
i have checked with our ID consultant.  it is not a live virus vaccine so is OK to use.  I do not think there is any data as to the responsiveness of the immunosuppressed individual.  thus, i think there is no downside to receiving it.
See "Swine Flu Vaccine" post July 23,2009 to see if this answers you question.
See Dr Schiano's response to  updated "Live Virus H1N1 Vaccines" dated August 4, 2009 for clarification to his response to you question.