1088?1316410319
Losing weight while TTC User Group
anyone have suggestion, stories, or just support?
About This Group:

I think it’s very important to be at a healthy weight when trying to conceive. It not only increases your chances of conceiving but prepares you for a healthier pregnancy. I am starting this support group for not only those that are trying to win the baby bingo, but also are trying to go in the right direction in the healthy department. Maybe you don’t need to lose weight, but just need to start exercising more or to be a healthier you. This would be the group for you.

Founded by cabayer11 on September 19, 2011
27 members

I was just lying in bed thinking about all the times that I sabotaged myself on losing weight and getting healthier. I know I need to lose weight to be more fertile every time I put something fattening inside my mouth or decide not to go work out that day. I seriously need some stories , suggestions and/or some support here. I am actively TTC and weight about 220 pounds and have pcos as well. I’m Going to start my serious get healthy attitude right now. I want a baby so bad and want to have a healthy pregnancy too.
im in the same boat as you are and many others...and i think with each other's support we can do it. im also actively ttc from last 3 years,...had 1 ectopic with clomid and now trying natural....i also was diagnosed as having PCOs but later my Re thought that its hypothyroidism  not PCOs...im having trouble conceiving nonetheless.. and im also about 40-50 lbs overweight. i know i have to lose weight to have normal cycle and to get pregnant but i luv food:(...anyways...from last week i've started my diet..fat loss 4 idiots and im also exercising...i've lost about 4 lbs since then...im determined to lose atleast 20-25 lbs by december. u know if u have Pcos, even a 10-15 lbs weight loss can do wonders, so yea..go ahead with watever plan u have to lose weight and stick to it. i wish u best of luck with your journey...:) oh and lots of sticky baby dust tooo...takecare.
Thanks so much for the support. I agree with you about having PCOS and just losing 10% can do amazing things. I think that losing the weight really regulates your hormone levels which is why we have pcos anyways. I'm gonna go run/jog/walk whatever today after work with DH. I'm gonna stop making the excuses of why I can't. I am also gona start eating much healthier and way less. This will be very hard for me as i do love food too, but It's all a balance. Do I like food more or want a baby more? this should just be so simple.

I also have been taking clomid, but this month I have to go at it naturally because I have a cyst on my right ovary, so we will see if i can O on my own this cycle. Lots of baby dust to you too.
Thanks for making this group, it's a great idea, I haven't been on a scale in a long time, it scares me, but I will get on one & share my weight.  I am looking forward to losing some weight with you ladies & catching our little beans!!  SSBD
I just wanted to note that today, so far I think i have kept my eating to a minimum. normally by now I would have a made a trip to the vending machine or the store down stairs to get something to snack on.
Great job, its the little things like that, that can make all the difference!!  Keep up the good work!
I try not to keep junk in the house but inevitably I need to. My stepson likes to ake oreos and chips ahoy in his lunch so I don't want to deny him that. He runs cross-country and exercises everyday so I'm not worried for him to be overweight

One thing that really helped me start losing weight was eating on a schedule. I have something to eat every 2 to 4 hours. I'm still pretty overweight, don't get me wrong but as of right now,I just have to concentrate on being healthy for this pregnancy. My plan is to gain no more than 15-20 lbs. I hope I can! I really believe that the combo of losing weight and taking Clomid helped me to get pg.

I read somewhere that if you lose 10-20% of your current weight, it'll increase your chances of conceiving.

Good luck you guys. I'm looking forward to keeping up with y'all and getting motivation for being and staying healthy.

SSBD!!
Hey, great idea starting this group, by the way. There are already quite a few people that have joined!
I agree with the eating on schedule thing. I guess I'm just not very good at that. We should eat what is it 6 small meals a day. i really need to work towards that.

I have been walking or jogging with DH after work the last two days and have to go on my own today because he's going to a soccer game. I have also tried to cut out some of the carbs. I normally eat so many and I read that carbs and sugars are the worse for women with PCOS. This morning I kind of failed, but plan on eating a much lighter lunch, maybe just some fruit or something and a very sensible dinner.

I am back down to 220 and trying to get down to 215 by October 3rd, so I need to step it up a little.

I am on CD7 and AF is done with, so hopefully that will help with the cravings a little. I'm hoping to O on my own this cycle, so we will see.

How is everyone else doing?

SSBD!!!!
so yesterday I did good until i decided to eat popcorn late. I ate the whole stupid bag and it kind of made me sick last night and all morning. On a good note I went and jogged after work again and dropped a little more weight. Really hoping to drop another 3.6 pounds by Oct. We will see I just have to keep working at it. Today I'm trying to be good because tonight I'm out with a couple of girl friends and I will have a corona rita. it's a margarita with a corona in it, so good. Hopefully it's the last one I can have in a year, because I would really like to get preggo this cycle.

I hope everyone else is doing great too.

SSBD!!
Do you drink water? Wen I was working out with my trainers they said that most women carry around a lot of water weight and the best was to lose some lbs is to drink as much water as you can. I keep water near me wherever I am. If you don't like the taste or lack thereof :) put some Crystal Light in it.
Also, I don't eat 6 times a day, I just eat about 4-5 if I can. But water is what's helped me A LOT!
I drink more water at night. it's so hard for me to down 6 cups during the day. I try just to finish a liter and can't seem to do that. Even if i add flavoring like Mio to it, I still have a hard time doing it. water does help though, you are right about that.
My thing is I have to drink cold cold water so I have a liter bottle that I use and I fill it about a quarter of the way with water and stick it in the freezer at night. In the morning, I add water to it so I have ice water for most of the day.
How have you been feeling lately? You can do this. It's really hard going from hardly any water to a massive amount. Just do it slowly. My husband drinks a lot of unsweetened iced tea. It's mostly water. You can add lemon to that which is an acid and will help with losing weight also
Moma_Cher commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
Moma_Cher commented on K_Bmomma's status
Moma_Cher commented on melimeli's status