Lung Cancer Community
13mm nodule

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

13mm nodule

I am a 56 yr old female suffering from diahhrea, abdominal pain and vomiting. A CT scan  was performed recently and the findings were a 14 mm non-calcified pulmonary nodule at the left lung base adjacent to the left hemidiaphram.  It is non-specific in appearance.  There  is fatty infiltration of the liver. I have been referred to a a Pulmonary Specialist.  I would like to know is this something I should be worried about due to the size of the nodule. Because of the size is there more of a chance of it being malignant?   And what does non-specific in appearance mean? I also have osteoporosis and arthritis in the neck. My pap smear has come back with pre-cancer cells 3x. Needless to say, I am pretty nervous. I've had shingles before and I can feel the itching and stinging taking over probably from worrying.  I deeply appreciate the time you are taking in answering these questions.

This discussion is related to 3mm & 13mm nodules in right lung.
Tags: Pulmonary
Do you have facial flushing and weight loss as well? My daughter has been suffering from this and more for a long time and now has lost 15 lbs since July. She has a 1.3 cm nodule in her left lung, goes for repeat CT on Thursday.
I can't help you with your question but wish you the best.
No facial flushing, weight loss (assuming to be from the diarrhea and vomiting and not being able to eat).  Good luck to you and your daughter,  She is very lucky to have a mother who deeply cares enough to look for answers herself!