Lung Cancer Community
2 cm low density nodule

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

2 cm low density nodule

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum. Not qukit ready to pay for answers yet. But it is a great thought and Idea to offer this service. I am probably just a couple days away. Especially with no insurance.
I noticed a few cuts that were not healing at all, very slow. Then notice a swollen area under my arm, in the pit. So after a month, i finally went in... Blood work did not show much. But a similar test for a job 2 months ago showed high white bloodcell count and lymphnode count. Figure it would show up now, but no. They did an xray (chest) and I was told that there was a 2mm nodule. Then asked that I get a ct scan, so yesterday went in. Got news today that it is 2 CM... WOW !
Put me on Clarithromycin antibiotic and need to see puminoligist on monday. The nodule is low density, glassy, left adrenal nodule.

I am 47, a smoker since my teens, as well as so many other things that have enter my lungs. Both of my parents are smokers and still to this day have had no problems. Not that I am using it as an out.

I did have a bad tooth for quite a while and finally had it pulled a month ago. i thought maybe it was the infection that was causing my wounds to not heal. This morning when they called with the rsults they did say they think I have an infection. Just seems to be strange that a nodule that big would be associated with the infection. But I have felt very tire as of the past 6 weeks. I own my business and work from home. So sleep is always on my agenda. The past 6 weeks it seems like anything I do, I make sure to nap first to have the energy.

Anyone else have the same symptoms and final results in the past ? Just thought i would put this up for the professionals to read and work on before I get my final diagnosis on Monday. Of course I know there is a good chance of cancer, especially as I read it grows much greater with the size of the nodule.

I want to share my experience and hope it helps others in some sort of way....
not a very busy forum is it ? Ouch !
I have been told that if they grow that fast that is a good sign, more than likely means infection...I'm not a doctor just what I have read and been told...let us know..