Lung Cancer Community
2 spots found on Lung, 2& 2.5 mm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

2 spots found on Lung, 2& 2.5 mm

I recently had a heart scan with my husband, expecting nothing for me.  My husband was the one I was concerned about.  I was called the next morning because they found 2 spots on my lower right lobe.  Within 4 days I was sent back to the hospital to have another Scan for my right shoulder, chest, abdomen and pelvic area.  I drank contrast .. you know those delicious berry (Barium) smoothies and had dye injected through my IV.  I'm 49, have been smoking for 4 years and in fairly good shape (heart is perfect).  I did have a bacterial infection a year ago, and a really bad cold/brochitis 2 months ago.  At the ER for the cold, my oxygen/blood level was extremely low and took 2 breathing treatments and a prescription for an inhaler. Anyone have any ideas on what to expect next?  My next appt is with a new doctor in 2 days.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What are other symptoms present? ? Nodules or spots  in the lungs may be due to a variety of issues such as infection including conditions such as histoplasmosis, sarcoidosis, and pneumonia.  Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. To ease any anxiety and for proper evaluation, it is best that you discuss this with your attending physician also. Factors such as your medical history, symptoms present, and results of other diagnostic tests are important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted with your follow-up.
My CT showed a 5mm nodule in anterior aspect of right lower lobe, 4mm subpleural nodule right middle lobe, and a probable subpleural 3.8 mm nodule in the deep posterior right lung. No pleural or pericardial effusion identified. I did a repeat CT 4 days later and waiting for results.

I am 43, non-smoker and feel pain when I inhale making it difficult to breathe deeply without pain. Please comment