Lung Cancer Community
Asthma and possible wrong diagnoses
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Asthma and possible wrong diagnoses

I am a 50 year old woman diagnosed with asthma after 35 years of smoking. I Have just recently been perscribed a medication called Chantix to help me kick the habit.I woke up with what seemed to be pain in right side of my upper back in the lung region, it was very painful to inhale or to move for quite a few hours. I have had this pain before but no as bad and it was called pluresy.I have had alot of congestion throughout the day for many years and a prouduction of phlem early morning and evening. I have argued with my doctor about the asthma diagnoses since I was told I had Chronic bronchitis over 20 years ago so I have a feeling they may be wrong about the Asthma diagnoses. I understand COPD goes hand in hand with chronic bronchitis sufferers. Is there a possibility they could be wrong?

BLINE