Asthma and possible wrong diagnoses
I am a 50 year old woman diagnosed with asthma after 35 years of smoking. I Have just recently been perscribed a medication called Chantix to help me kick the habit.I woke up with what seemed to be pain in right side of my upper back in the lung region, it was very painful to inhale or to move for quite a few hours. I have had this pain before but no as bad and it was called pluresy.I have had alot of congestion throughout the day for many years and a prouduction of phlem early morning and evening. I have argued with my doctor about the asthma diagnoses since I was told I had Chronic bronchitis over 20 years ago so I have a feeling they may be wrong about the Asthma diagnoses. I understand COPD goes hand in hand with chronic bronchitis sufferers. Is there a possibility they could be wrong?

BLINE
After a long history of smoking, quitting can be very difficult. It leads to several symptoms, including those that you have described.
I wish you all the strength and good luck in your effort to kick the habit.
I noticed that this question was posted quite a while ago. I would be interested in your progress, and an update from you.