BRONCHITIC INFILTRATE
PLEASE HELP THIS HAS BEEN FIND ON A CHEST XRAY-----I WAS ASK BY THE ATTENDING DR IN HOSPITAL HOW MUCH I SMOKE - I HAVE NEVER SMOKED A DAY IN LIFE AND THEN THEY ASK ME IF I HAD CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAD TB - NO??? SO WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS AND SHOULFD I BE WORRIED IT HAS GROWN IN SIZE SINCE MY PREVIOUS XRAY IN DECEMBER.
How are you? What symptoms are present? A lung infiltrate is any substance that has managed to find its way into lungs and may be caused by of a number of lung diseases such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, pulmonary edema or possible malignancies. Normal lungs show up as dark areas on x-rays because the air inside them allows the x-rays to pass through while infiltrates appear as lighter areas that are more solid that block the passage of x-rays.  It is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Your medical history and symptoms are important in determining the diagnosis. Follow-up chest x-ray may also be done for monitoring. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi, I just like to ask what is this APL view impression means: right upper lung opacities which may represent  infiltrates vs. atelectasis??? Im a little worried if this would lead to something..Is this pneumonia or the other way around? Thank you!