Lung Cancer Community
Back Lung Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Back Lung Pain

For a few months now, I've had a persistent, dry cough.  Since I have asthma, I initially didn't think much of it, but over time, it's gotten become more frequent with the coughing bouts more intense..  Also, now in addition to the wheezing, there's a little rattle in my left lung.

The third symptom though, is the one that has me the most concerned.  I've been having an uncomfortable pain in my back, about midway up around the level of the bottom of my braline but just a hair higher up on the left side of my back (presumably where my left lung is).  The pain seems worse at night when laying on my back, but in reality, it can strike (and has) any time of the day or night.

Any ideas on what this could be?  I'm out of work due to cutbacks and can't afford health insurance.  I still have my inhaler and a nebulizer, but these new symptoms don't appear to be helped any by those treatments.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
How are you? Do you still have the symptoms that you mentioned? The back pain could be due to musculoskeletal issues as well as lung conditions such as infection that warrants further evaluation. A chest x-ray and direct physical examination  will help determine the underlying cause. Take care and  hope all is well. Do keep us posted and best regards.